Log into UNMJobs (do not use Microsoft Edge)
Verify Employment Area: Student
- Hover on Home and click Universal Profile
- Find User Record and click User Record in the drop-down
- On the bottom right of your screen you will see a red Edit Record button, click that.
- Scroll down to the section called Organization Structure
- Find Employment Area and in there you will notice it says “Staff (STAFF)”. Click the “x” to the right of it.
- The “x” will be replaced by a double-box looking icon. Click that and a window will open.
- In that window, scroll down until you see University of New Mexico click the “+” to expand it.
- Scroll inside the next window and select “Student” (not “Student Employment Office”)
- Click Save.
- Log out and maybe close and reopen your browser to make sure nothing is cached.
- Log back in and then you may then proceed back to your requisition, where the correct fields should appear.
From the Navigation Bar, hover over Recruit tab.
Click Manage Requisition.
Click Options tab.
Click Add Requisition
|Next to Job Title: Select next to Position Class. |
The Search Position Class dialogue box appears.
- On page two, click the "+" next to University Student.
- Select the appropriate Position Class Title
There are only six (6) Position Class Titles for students:
Student Entry Level - 0041
Student Intermediate Level - 0042
Student Advanced Level - 0043
Student Technical Specialist - 0044
Student Monthly -0004 (only used for Resident Advisors, ASUNM president and Vice-President, and Lobo Editor).
Student Publications – 0046 (only used for Daily Lobo production staff)
- Requisition Template – Defaults to Position Class selected – Do not change
Display Job Title: Enter the Working Title (Please refer to http://stuemp.unm.edu/tms/index.html for instructions regarding working titles for students).
Verify Employment Area is Student (default) – Do not change
Click Primary Location next to
Search Primary Location Title dialogue box appears
In the ID field, type your Org # and Click the Search button
Select the Title of your Org
- The default address will appear in the Requisition (example)
Skip Additional Locations, Grade, Cost Center and leave Contact Phone blank.
Employment Type: Verify Student Employment and Part Time is selected.
Currency: Leave as US Dollar