Change Applicant Status and Dispositions for Students
Process for reviewing application materials, changing an application status and dispensing applications for students. DRA (Demographic Reasonable Assessment) is not a current process for student employees.
Hiring Coordinators responsible for managing applicant pools
Hiring Coordinator access is managed through the BAR
Log into UNMJobs (Do not use Microsoft Edge)
From the Navigation Bar, hover over Recruit tab and click Manage Requisitions
- View application information. Select the value (numeric) under the Applicant column in Open Positions.
- Once selected, the Manage Applications page opens.
In Manage Applications
- Select the icon next to the applicant to view their application material as a PDF.
- Select the icon next to the applicant to view the applicant's resume/CV as a PDF.
- Select the Action button and select Resume/CV Review to proceed to the Resume Review screen which allows you to toggle between the attached resume/CV for the selected applicants. A PDF of the student's application or resume/CV can be generated from this page. next to the applicant under the
- Select the student's name to view the application profile. The application is available in the Applicant tab and the attached documents are stored in the Documents tab. The documents may also be downloaded from the Applicant Summary tab.
Change Applicant's Status
- Select the red when selected . Under the Action button, select Change Status to open the Change Status page. next to the applicant's name. It will appear
- Select the Action button, select Resume/CV Review to proceed to the Resume Review screen. The Resume Review page allows you to change the applicant's status after reviewing their application materials. Check the box after you have reviewed their application. If you do not check the box you cannot proceed with the next step next to the applicant. Under the
Summary tab, select the value given in the Current Status to move to the Change Status page. Select the applicant's name to proceed to the applicant profile. On the
|Definition of Applicant's Status|
|Under Review by Department/Committee||Default status for all applications.|
|Telephone Interview||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for telephone interview.|
|Video Interview||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for a video (ex. Skype) interview.|
|In Person Interview Round 1||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for an in person interview. Use this status if only one round of in person interviews has been conducted.|
|In Person Interview Round 2||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for a second in person interview.|
|Background Check||Select this status if a background check is being conducted for the selected applicant.|
|Recommended for Hire||Select this status for the applicant(s) that are selected for hire. This status is required in order to submit a hiring request.|
|Not Hired||Select when an applicant is no longer under consideration. You must select a disposition code when moving an application to "Not Hired". |
Note: The disposition code selected determines if an email notification is sent to the applicant.
|Hired (DO NOT USE) ||FOR EMPLOYMENT AREA USE ONLY. IF YOU CHANGE THE STATUS TO HIRED, WE WILL NEVER KNOW THAT THE STUDENT NEEDS TO BE ONBOARDED UNLESS YOU CALL US. YOU WILL LOCK YOUR STUDENT OUT OF ELECTRONIC ONBOARDING AND EXTEND THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR THIS HIRE TO BE COMPLETED. |
****Important Information when Changing an Applicant Status:
Update Interview: Not Hired Disposition Reason
- For an applicant that was interviewed but not hired, select the applicant's name from the Manage Applications page.
- On the Summary tab in the Application Custom Fields section, select the Edit Custom Fields button.
- Select the appropriate value from the Interview: Not Hired Disposition Reason dropdown
| 6|| For students that you will hire: |
Click on Current Status and update status to Recommend for Hire and submit. Once done, click on the Statuses tab and complete the section Recommend for Hire. DO NOT SELECT "HIRED." IF YOU CHANGE THE STATUS TO "HIRED", WE WILL NEVER KNOW THAT THE STUDENT NEEDS TO BE ONBOARDED UNLESS YOU CALL US. YOU WILL LOCK YOUR STUDENTS OUT OF ELECTRONIC ONBOARDING AND EXTEND THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR THIS HIRE TO BE COMPLETED.
Complete the Offer Details section. Please refer to the Create and Submit a Hiring Request SOP.