Change Applicant Status and Dispositions for Students
Process for reviewing application materials, changing an application status and dispensing applications for students. DRA (Demographic Reasonable Assessment) is not a current process for student employees.
Hiring Coordinators responsible for managing applicant pools
Hiring Coordinator access is managed through the BAR
Log into UNMJobs (Do not use Microsoft Edge)
From the Navigation Bar, hover over Recruit tab and click Manage Requisitions
- View application information. Select the value (numeric) under the Applicant column in Open Positions.
- Once selected, you will be brought to the Manage Applications page.
In Manage Applications
- Select the icon next to the applicant to view applicant's material as a PDF.
- Select the icon next to the applicant to view the applicant's resume/CV as a PDF.
- Select the Action button, select Resume/CV Review to go to the resume review screen which allows you to toggle between the attached resume/CV for the selected applicants. A PDF for the applicant's application or resume/CV can be generated from this page. next to the applicant under the
- Select the applicant's name to be brought to the application profile. The person's application can be found under the Applicant tab and the attached documents can be found under the Documents tab. The documents can also be downloaded from the Applicant Summary tab.
Change Applicant's Status
- Select the Action button, select Change Status to be brought to the change status page. next to the applicant's name; it'll appear red when selected . Under the
- Select the Action button, select Resume/CV Review to go to the resume review screen. The resume review page allows you to change the person's applicant status after reviewing the person's application material. Check the box after you have reviewed their applicant. If you do not check the box you cannot proceed with the next step next to the applicant under the
Summary tab, select the value given in the Current Status to be brought to the Change Status page. Select the applicant's name to be brought to the application profile. On the
|Definition of Applicant's Status|
|Under Review by Department/Committee||Default status for all applications.|
|Telephone Interview||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for telephone interview.|
|Video Interview||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for a video (ex. Skype) interview.|
|In Person Interview Round 1||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for an in person interview. Use this status if only one round of in person interviews has been conducted.|
|In Person Interview Round 2||Select this status when an applicant has been selected for a second in person interview.|
|Background Check||Select this status if a background check is being conducted for the selected applicant.|
|Recommended for Hire||Select this status for the applicant(s) that are selected for hire. This status is required in order to submit a hiring request.|
|Not Hired||Select when an applicant is no longer under consideration. You must select a disposition code when moving an application to "Not Hired". |
Note: The disposition code selected determines if an email notification is sent to the applicant.
|Hired (DO NOT USE) ||FOR EMPLOYMENT AREA USE ONLY. IF YOU CHANGE IT TO HIRED, WE WILL NEVER KNOW THAT THE STUDENT NEEDS TO BE ONBOARDED UNLESS YOU CALL US. YOU WILL LOCK YOUR STUDENTS OUT OF ELECTRONIC ONBOARDING AND EXTEND THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR THIS HIRE TO BE COMPLETED. |
****Important Information when Changing an Applicant Status:
Update Interview: Not Hired Disposition Reason
- For an applicant that was interviewed but not hired, select the applicant's name from the Manage Applications page.
- On the Summary tab in the Application Custom Fields section, select the Edit Custom Fields button.
- Select the appropriate value from the Interview: Not Hired Disposition Reason dropdown
| 6|| For students that you will hire: |
Click on Current Status and update status to Recommend for Hire and submit. Once done, click on the Statuses tab and complete the section Recommend for Hire. DO NOT SELECT "HIRED." IF YOU CHANGE IT TO "HIRED", WE WILL NEVER KNOW THAT THE STUDENT NEEDS TO BE ONBOARDED UNLESS YOU CALL US. YOU WILL LOCK YOUR STUDENTS OUT OF ELECTRONIC ONBOARDING AND EXTEND THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR THIS HIRE TO BE COMPLETED.
This brings up the Offer Details section that needs to be completed. Please refer to the Create and Submit a Hiring Request SOP.