Procedures for approving a hiring request.
For a user that has been identified as an approver for the hiring request.
A BAR role is not required to be identified as a hiring request approver.
Verify Employment Area
Your employment area must be HSC Faculty to work on HSC faculty requisitions. See SOP – 1. Selecting Your Employment Area.
You will receive an email when a hiring request has been submitted to you for approval. To approve the request, hover over Recruit and select Recruiting Approvals.
- The hiring request will appear in your Pending queue.
- Select the title to view the details of the requisition.
- Select the candidate's name to review the application material and required hiring documents attached by the Hiring Coordinator. All of the attached documents are found on the Documents tab of the person's application profile.
- To view the offer letter, select the icon. Note, when viewing the offer letter, the approver can enter comments or download a PDF of the letter by selecting the icon.
- To approve the hiring request, select the
icon. To return the hiring request to the hiring coordinator, select the icon.
- If adding a comment, select drop down arrow
- Enter comment in pop box and save
- Click Submit