4. HSC FCO Applicant Status Change
Procedures for reviewing application materials, changing an application status, dispensing applications and completing the DRA.
For Hiring Coordinators who will be responsible for managing application pools.
Hiring Coordinator access is managed via Hiring Coordinator role which can be requested via the Banner Authorization Requests (BAR) system.
Changing Applicant Status
Hover over Recruit on the navigation bar and select Manage Requisitions.
- To view the applicant information for a requisition, select the value (numeric) under the Applicants column in the requisition listing
- Once selected, you will be brought to the Manage Applications page.
To view an applicant's information, you can do the following:
- Select the icon next to the applicant to view all of the applicant's material as a PDF document.
- Select the icon next to the applicant to view the applicant's resume/CV as a PDF document.
- Select the next to the applicant, under the Action button select Resume/CV Review to go to the resume review screen which allows you to toggle between the attached resume/CV for the selected applicants. A PDF for the applicant's application or resume/CV can be generated form this page.
- Select the applicant's name to be brought to the application profile. The person's application can be found under the Applicant tab and the attached documents can be found under the Documents tab. The documents can also be downloaded from the Applicant Summary tab.
To change an applicant's status, you can do the following:
- Select the next to the applicant's name, under the Action button select Change Status to be brought to the change status page.
- Select the next to the applicant, under the Action button select Resume/CV Review to go to the resume review screen. The resume review page allows you to change the person's applicant status after reviewing the person's application material.
- Select the applicant's name to be brought to the application profile. On the Summary tab, select the value given in the Current Status to be brought to the Change Status page.
Definition of Applicant Status
Self-Identification/DRA Required for Submission of Hiring Request
Under Review by Department/Committee
Default status for all applications.
Select this status when an applicant has been selected for telephone interview.
Select this status when an applicant has been selected for a video (ex. Skype) interview.
In Person Interview Round 1
Select this status when an applicant has been selected for an in person interview. Use this status if only one round of in person interviews has been conducted.
In Person Interview Round 2
Select this status when an applicant has been selected for a second in person interview.
Select this status if a background check is being conducted for the selected applicant.
Recommended for Hire
Select this status for the applicant(s) that are selected for hire. This status is required in order to submit a hiring request.
For HSC FCO use only. Select once an offer has been accepting and onboarding has been initiated.
For HSC FCO use only. Select once onboarding has been initiated.
Select when an applicant is no longer under consideration. You must select a disposition code when moving an application to "Not Hired".
Yes, if person was interviewed via video or in person.
Important information when Changing an Applicant Status:
- When Not Hired is selected, the applicable Disposition must be selected. An application that is in the Not Active status is no longer active for that posting and a notification email will be sent to the applicant, dependent on the disposition selected.
- When an applicant who was interviewed is moved to the Not Hired status, the appropriate Disposition code is Interviewed Not Hired and the Interview: Not Hired Disposition Reason located on the application profile will have to be completed.
Interview: Not Hired Disposition Reason
- For an applicant that was interviewed but not hired, select the person's name from the Manage Applications page.
- On the Summary tab, in the Application Custom Fields section select the Edit Custom Fields button.
- Select the appropriate value from the Interview: Not Hired Disposition Reason dropdown and select the Save Custom Fields button.
Verifying self-identification information and completing the DRA
- For an applicant that was interviewed, select the person's name from the Manage Applications page.
- Under the Application tab, expand the Voluntary Affirmative Action Survey section to display the self-identification responses for the application.
- If the applicant did not self-identify, go to the Summary tab and in the Application Custom Fields section select the Edit Custom Fields button.
- Enter the appropriate values for the DRA Gender and DRA Race/Ethnicity fields and select the Save Custom Fields button.
Disposition Code and Email Notification Status
Email Sent to Applicant
Application is incomplete
Application received past deadline
Availability: Not compatible with department needs
Did not show up for interview
Does not meet minimum qualifications
Ineligible for Rehire
Insufficient administrative experience
Insufficient clinical experience
Insufficient directly related experience
Insufficient evidence of service
Insufficient past research funding
Insufficient res/pubs/creative works
Insufficient teaching experience
Less competitive based on creative works
Less competitive based on publications
Less competitive based on research
Less competitive based on teaching evaluations
Limited subject matter expertise
Not as qualified: Relevant education
Not as qualified: Relevant experience/skills
Not eligible to work in the U.S.
Poor quality of application material
References: Did not receive required material
Unable to contact/no response
Closed as Duplicate
Interviewed not Hired
Not a student
Student does not have work-study award
Student in non-degree status
Student not enrolled
Unable to support candidate's research
UNM HR file review unfavorable
Withdrew: Accepted another position
Withdrew: Applied for wrong position
Withdrew: No longer interested
Withdrew: Salary requirement too high
Yes, sends a different email than the other disposition codes.
Email Notification for Standard Disposition Code
The following email is sent to the applicant when one of the disposition codes above is selected when the applicant is move to the "Not Hired" status.
Dear RECIPIENT.FIRST.NAME RECIPIENT.LAST.NAME,
Thank you for your interest in employment at The University of New Mexico. Your application for JOB.TITLE (JOB.REQUISITION.ID) with JOB.OU.LOCATION.TITLE has been reviewed and you were not selected for this opportunity. We encourage you to continue visiting our website and to apply for positions that interest you. Our employment opportunities can be found at https://UNMJobs.unm.edu.
Email Notification for Voluntary Withdrawal Disposition Code
The following email is sent when an applicant voluntarily withdraws from a requisition.
_Dear RECIPIENT.FIRST.NAME RECIPIENT.LAST.NAME, You are receiving this email to confirm the withdrawal of your application for JOB.TITLE (requisition number JOB.REQUISITION.ID). Thank you for your interest in working at the University of New Mexico. You can find employment opportunities at https://UNMJobs.unm.edu._