- Updated Staff UNMTemp Extension EPAF to retain supervisor information when extension is processed.
- Updated Staff Term Extension EPAF so term extensions that span fiscal years do not impact budget encumbrances.
- Updated EPAF approval routing queue to remove dependency on Dept Apprv Level 1 - Staff role when submitting EPAFs.
- Updated EPAF approval routing queue to include College/School/Division Approver on EPAFs that have budgetary or employee relations impact.
- Updated EPAF approval routing queue to replace HR Consultant review with HR Transaction Center review. HR Consultants will remain in routing queues for EPAFs that have employee relations impact.
Reason for Change
- To improve effectiveness and timeliness of EPAF processing by fixing "bugs" in current EPAFs and reducing the numbers of required approval steps before the change is made to the employee's record.
- Rethinking the purpose of EPAF routing queue from employment transaction approval to facilitating the flow of information and transaction processing.
- Increase flexibility of EPAF approval routing queue to accommodate structure of both large and small divisions.
- Increased flexibility of EPAF approval routing queue so HR Agents can determine the appropriate EPAF routing within a division.
- To facilitate the flow of information through the applicable HR Agent regarding employment transactions that have employee relations or budgetary impact.
What to Expect
EPAF Changes Will be Implemented March 5, 2018.
- Updated EPAF job aids for Staff UNMTemp and Staff Term Extension EPAFs will be placed on Employee Knowledge Base and HR Forms page.
- HR Transaction Center EPAF approval representatives will be identified and communicate to Staff EPAF Originators.
- HR Agents will need to ensure the appropriate individuals have requested the College/School/Division Approver BAR Role.
- HR Agents can delegate the College/School/Division Apprv to department staff to approve EPAF transactions. See below for instructions on how to delegate the BAR Role.
Staff EPAF Required Routing Queues Effective March 5, 2018
Dept Apprv Level 1 - Staff
HSC Contracts and Grants or Main Contracts and Grants
Employment Area Staff (HR Transaction Center)
|HR Consultant||Required Attachment|
|JS0001||Staff Resignation||Yes||Resignation Letter|
|JS0002||Staff End Assgn/Term||Yes|
For Staff Term Employees: Term Appointment Notification of Completion
For On-Call, Non-Credit Instructors, or Temporary employees: No documents are required
|JS0003||Staff Probationary Separation||Yes||Yes||FYI Only||Relieved During Probation Notice to Employee (Please contact HR Consultant for details)|
|JS0004||Staff Layoff||Yes||FYI Only||Layoff Notice to Employee (Requires EVP approval, please contact HR Consultant for details)|
|JS0005||Staff Discharge for Cause||Yes||FYI Only|
|JS0006||Staff Retirement||Yes||Retirement Letter|
|JS0008||Staff Org Code Change||Yes|
|JS0010||Staff UNMTemps Job Ext||Yes||Yes|
|JS0011||Staff Job Shift Update|
|JS0012||Staff Exempt Change Apt%||Yes||Yes||FYI Only||Change in Appointment Percent Form|
|JS0016||Staff Supervisor Update|
|JS0019||Staff Non Exempt Change Apt%||Yes||Yes||FYI Only||Change in Appointment Percent Form|
|JS0020||Staff LoboTime Update|
|JS0024||Staff Non Exempt Term Ext||Yes||Yes||Term Appointment Memo of Understanding|
|JS0025||Staff HSC Exempt Term Ext wL/D||Yes||Yes||Yes||Term Appointment Memo of Understanding|
|JS0026||Staff N Exempt HSC Ter Ex w LD||Yes||Yes||Yes||Term Appointment Memo of Understanding|
|JS0027||Staff Exempt Main Term Ex w LD||Yes||Yes||Yes||Term Appointment Memo of Understanding|
|JS0028||Staff N Exempt Main Ter Ex wLD||Yes||Yes||Yes||Term Appointment Memo of Understanding|
|JS0029||Staff Exempt Term Ext||Yes||Yes||Term Appointment Memo of Understanding|
Delegating College/School/Division Approver Role
HR Agents can delegate the College/School/Division Approver Role to department staff based on the needs of the division. To do so, when requesting the BAR role, the department staff member must override their Supervisor to be the divisional HR Agent to indicate the HR Agent's approval of the delegated aurthority.
- To request College/School/Division Approver BAR role, go to http://my.unm.edu and log in. Select the Banner Authorization Requests link.
- The College/School/Division Approver BAR role can be found by select the Roles by Function link and select the EPAF Employment Transaction Functions section. The EPAF roles are listed alphabetically.
- To add the role, select the Add check box in the the College/School/Division Approver row and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the Add Selected Roles to My Request button.
- Prior to submitting the request, override the Supervisor and enter the NetID of your divisional HR Agent. You will reiceve an email once the BAR Role Request has been approved.